Aren't you glad I didn't say DISNEY?
Whew, those Disney blogs just about did me in. Anyway, Dude is practically grown and Sissy's learning something new everyday. Why do they have to grow so fast? When I was pregnant, someone described parenting as a "love affair" that just keeps growing and growing. I thought that was so weird to describe motherhood in that way until now. It's absolutely a love affair. It isn't perfect, but it is forgiving, deep, selfless, and constantly growing.
Ok, enough with the mush.
I'll blame it on Valentine's Day.
Sissy's 16 months old and here's what she's up to these days....
- She is still just so sweet!!!
- I spy hair coming in!!!
- She has 10 teeth and is currently cutting her bottom molars.
- We like to take selfies and send them to daddy.
- I snapped this picture the night Rudy left.
- Is it not heartbreaking? I try to be enough for them when Rudy leaves, but I'm just not.
- It's getting harder and harder every time he leaves:(
- We are all in much better spirits now and daddy will be home soon to give the kids horsey rides:)
- We love our daddy!
- Stats at 15 months check-up.
- She can say: hey, bye bye, night night, uh oh, bubba, ma ma, da da, ball, moon, pap paw, yay, no no, and cookie.
- She loves to make animal noises. So far she knows- cow, horse, sheep, rooster, chicken, duck, and dog.
- She can point to her head, nose, mouth, hair, and ear when we ask her to.
- Loves to eat!
- Will not watch TV, but loves to read. She brings me a book to read her at least 5 times a day.
- Loves it when we do 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider', and 'Where is Thumbkin.'
- She can hum the tune of Bayou Baby and hums it at bedtime.
- She's still a thumb sucker when she gets sleepy or upset.
- She's so mischievous and loves to make a mess! She did this in a matter of minutes.
- Mammy and Grammy are her 2 favorite people. She wants nothing to do with me or daddy when they are around.
- Mammy likes to give her "suck bottles". She's hoarding the last bottle and won't let me throw it away:)
- She takes 1-2 naps a day and sleep 12 hours at night.
- Both kids enjoy church and that makes me so happy! Dude came home saying "There is no other God." That's right, dude:)
- I LOVE dressing her up for church.
- She's a cheerleader in her spare time.
- She's also my Valentine:)
Dude's 40 months old and here's what he's up to these days...
- Proof of how much he's grown.
- Aaahhh love that little eskimo dude.
- He has his own vocabulary.
- The other day he asked me if he could touch my sprinkles. My what? He said, "dose sprinkles on your face." I thought he meant freckles. Oh no, turns out he meant wrinkles. When I asked him who taught him that he said, "Tee Tee." (his aunt)
- Thanks a lot Tee Tee.
- He loves Tee Tee's new dog, Dash.
- He thoroughly enjoyed the rodeo & spending an afternoon with Buddy.
- He now calls Annie "Jajabah." I have no idea why, but it's hysterical to hear "Come on Jajabah."
- He just started back swimming lessons.
- Poor sissy has to sit still through brother's lessons.
She isn't old enough to go by herself and I just really don't feel like getting in with her.Second child syndrome at it's finest, folks!
- I promise she can swim as much as she wants this summer. It's just SO cold- Love you sweet Sissy!
- We all had a blast at Cousin's 3rd Birthday Party!
- He's not a fan of basketball games or really anything with loud noises! He is a fan of Case though:) And Sissy's a fan of suckers obviously.
- He's still a picky eater.
- He will drink anything though, so we make a lot of smoothies! And drink pediasure. And take vitamins. And pray for his health.
- Here's technology at it's finest.
- He's mostly sweet, but has some sour moments fo sho. He reminds me of that skit with the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other who are constantly battling each other, ha! Here's a perfect example...
- He will say "Oh Annie, I love you so much. Are you having a sweet day?!" and then turn around and ask me, "Can I poke Annie with these tweezers?" (for the record he doesn't mean it (at least i hope not) he's just testing my limits) Suppress that devil dude!
- Those boys will test you and then melt you within minutes.
- He's our little buddy and my other Valentine:)