I have two growing babies on my hands. They are both very needy, still in diapers, and seem to need you at exactly the same time. Did I mention they are needy? However, I wouldn't trade the two hooligans for anything in this world. They are the light of my life.
Annie June is one month old! Actually, in a few days she will be 5 weeks old:)
Here's what she's up to...
- She is the BEST snuggler in this world.
- She spits up a lot more than dude ever did. It seems to not hurt when she does, so maybe she won't get acid reflux & have tummy issues. Fingers crossed!
- She sleeps in her nap nanny & in the bed next to me
on her tummy.
- She is exclusively breastfed and usually eats 10-15 minutes per feeding.
- When she gets a bottle, she eats 3.5-4 oz.
- She smiles all of the time & has even laughed out loud.
- She goes to sleep around 10PM and wakes up at 2:30 and 6:30.
- I packed up all her newborn clothes and she's now in 0-3 months:( She's also in size 1 diapers.
- She's getting fat. If I had to guess, I would guess she's close to 10 lbs.
- I have the fattest babies.
- She lost her hair just on the top of her head around 3 weeks old.
- She still has her belly button. I mean, this isn't my first rodeo. I know how to get a belly button to fall off, but i just cannot get hers to fall off! We may even have to go to the pediatrician if it doesn't fall off soon. So sorry baby girl, but I'm trying.
- She has the sweetest visitors!
- We call her squirrel, sister baby, and then we even add it all together to make sister baby squirrel.
- Don't ask.
- She's a momma's girl!
Dude is officially a big boy. He's throwing together sentences like nobody's business & makes us laugh daily. Here's what he's up to these days..
- He prays nightly before bed. He repeats after us. "Dear God, Bless Daddy, Bless Momma, Bless Annie, Bless Me, AAAAMMMEN."
- He LOVES Annie Noon, maybe even a little too much sometimes:)
- The other day he lifted up his shirt and offered sister some milk when she was crying. haha:)
- When I'm pumping, he says in a LOUD voice, "MOMMA PUMP."
- He likes to narrate what we do. For example, "daddy run to door." "momma hold hand."
- He can count to five, but has only done it once.
- He may be left-handed.
- He's still a picky eater:(
- We have play dates with his best friend buddy all the time!
- Buddy's mom is one of my best friends and blogs here
- When we leave places, he picks random things and says bye to them. For example, he'll say "bye bye couch." "bye bye shoes."
- He likes to raid the pantry and open up boxes. The other day he brought me a total of 10 moon pies. I told him no matter how many he brought, it was still a no. Obviously he didn't understand.
- He woke up thirsty from his nap and spouted out "Milk, milkshake, koolaid, apple juice." Ha, bless it's thirsty bones.
- We took dude on a date to the park and all-american cookie store. They did not disappoint.